hacking the V3 razr (sort of part two)
ssh on the razr
first things first, you should have a copy of p2kman or some other tool to transfer files to and from the razr via mini-usb.
make sure that you dont have any java apps on your phone that you can not get back – you are going to remove all java apps for now.
1) open p2kman and goto /a/kjava
2) remove (copy them to your pc then delete) files j2me*.rms, j2me*.pat, j2me*.url, j2me*.jad & j2me*.rms
3) now copy these files into that folder (pc to phone in p2kman with the path set to /a/kjava and make sure you unrar the files first)
4) now on the razr, point the browser to xk72.com/wap (we are using midpssh as our ssh shell)
5) download the “full build MIDP 2.0” release, install and test
the typing is a pain in the ass, but when you have to do a quick edit on the road or access a conf file that has to be changed, it is a life saver. although, i am in the process of trying a couple of different blue tooth keyboards on the razr to see if it will work.
some problems i ran upon with this setup is that my cellular provider blocks ports so i set the ssh port to 143 (i think 80, 113 & 8080 might work, but i have not tried since 143 worked)
i will be posting pics in the next couple of days with screenshots of the ssh running and some other information.